Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hiking the 'M' in Missoula

While in Missoula for trip #2 I thought it would be a good, no GREAT idea to hike to the 'M' on the mountain. I hadn't done it since I was kid and thought it would be a good experience to relieve some of my childhood memories.


This is me before I got onto the trail. Looking up at it as if itwas no problem to hike. Also I was really proud of my tie dye shirt. I did it myself and I was really impressed with it.




Here I am walking the trail, ALOT more difficult then I ever remember it being.

This is where I wanted to stop. The view was good enough for me. I felt like I saw all that I needed to and I was fine to head down the trail.

Yet my sister who like always was there to push me along and to help me keep going up the trail. With reluctance I pushed on. I am only smiling becuase I wanted to make for a good picutre.

The top at LAST. I did it, I didn't think I was going to be able to but I did it.


I actually really ended up enjoying hiking the 'M'. It not only brought back great childhood memories but it also taught me a valuable lesson and that is this: There are going to be adventures that we embark on that we are excited for and fully embrace. Just like me with hiking the 'M', but once we start we realize how difficult it is going to be. We find resting points along the way that when we look out we see the beauty and we think this is good enough. Just as I  thought half way up "this is good enough". Yet if we keep pushing ourselves there is such a better view at the top. Not only do we get to feel the such great sense of accomplishment but we get such a better picture. And along our way there are going to be things that discourage us, people who were twice my age were passing me. At one point I thought I was going backwards. Yet through perservance and a little help and motivation from my sister I made it to the top. What an amazing view it was.

Here is me soaking in the all the beauty and my own awful stench. I was loving every minute of it.

Here is the M in all of it's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment