Sunday, January 30, 2011

Goodbye Butter!

I was up late last night making cinnimon rolls for church the next day. I went to go pull butter out of the freezer to use and realized it was my LAST stick. I not only like butter, but I would venture to say I LOVE butter. I love butter on toast, waffles, how it carmalizes onions, on rolls, and especially in and on anything to do with a potatoe. It's at it's best when it is whipped with honey. Since I have started this new lifestyle change, I haven't been really able to eat butter. And as I gave up that last stick of butter this song popped into my head that best summs up my feelings about butter. "At first I was afraid, I was petrified, Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side, But then I spent so many nights just thinking how you did me wrong And I grew strong And I learned how to get along." I WILL SURVIVE." If I have learned anything in these past four weeks it is that I can do anything. I am strong, I can survive the temptation of food and it's ridicoulous hold that it has had on my life for so many years. I am ready to leave it all in the past and start to look forward to an extremely bright future. Thank you to everyone so far for all of your love and support. You help me to keep going and stay on the right path. I know I will survive because I have such loving friends and family who may not taste as good as butter, but are much, much better!

In 4 weeks, I have  lost a grand TOTAL of 5inches off of my belly!!!! I ordered a pair of pants that was 2 sizes smaller than my original starting point. Can't wait for them to get here. Sometimes I just think that I am squeezing myself into a smaller pair, but then I look at my pictures and realize that it is real. I am really shrinking!!! Proof is in the photos.


Week 1




Week 4 (5 inches TOTAL)
AMAZING ISN"T IT?

3 comments:

  1. Good job Tish!! You are helping inspire us here in Cali too!! Did you know, we recently bought a juicer, (a Jack Lalane, nice juicer). It started out as an alternative way for Lily to eat her Veggies, but Dustin and I have found that we are feeling better too! We are planning some major changes to our diet too, (baby steps is the key for us). Reading your posts help us to remember our own goals for a healthier life....so please, keep it up!!! Not to mention, seeing your great RESULTS is inspiration enough for me!! Good job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely Amazing!!! As I was doing my Jillian Michaels routine I thought of you and how far you've come and as difficult as the workout was I knew that I could do it just for today and I have that good pain after all they say "no pain no gain!" So I appreciate the text messages asking me if I've worked out today and I can proudly say I have because You Leticia inspire me! I love you and I'm working on that mix for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great TIsh! I am totally impressed with your dedication and your progress so far. And I love your butter song. I love your cinnamon rolls too :)

    ReplyDelete