Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pizza Night.

Every Sunday for some reason or another it has ended up being pizza night. Both Taresa and I are HUGE fans of pizza. Since there is no place close by we have been forced to make it ourselves. I have found a great dough recipe that is part white and part whole wheat. The dough is a little bit more dry than other pizza doughs I have made but with the right amount of TLC it works just great.
In the spirit of Pizza Sunday and us trying to faithfully use up our leftovers I came up with a recipe for a sweet pork pizza. Don't turn your lip up at the idea, it was inspired by CPK's Jamaican Jerk Pizza which Nathan Clonts introduced me to. I took the leftover sweet pork juice and pored into a saucepan along with caramelized onions and garlic. I let it boil down and thickened it with a little flour. This was our sauce fore the pizza. I spread that onto the dough along with pork, bell peppers and cheese. It turned out just the way I had imagined it would. It was really quite delicious. Taresa made a traditional pizza with red sauce, turkey pepperoni (4 grams of fat vs. 18 grams of fat in regular pepperoni) cheese, onions and green bells peppers. It was a perfect pizza night.
Taresa making her pizza. 

The finished product of my sweet pork pizza.

Taresa's finished pizza. It got a little messed up when I moved it from the pan to the brick. But it still tasted delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment