Monday, October 18, 2010

Tender Mercies

Last night I was reading in my scriptures (yes mom I am reading) and I came across a beautiful phrase "tender mercies". It made me think of a talk that addressed the "tender mercies of the lord". As I thought about this talk it brought into my mind the "tender mercies of the lord" that I have seen recently in my life. I have been working very hard on trying to get school finished up for the semster. Yet there is this one math problem that no matter how hard I looked at it, I could not figure it out. I studied and I studied and it still did not seem to help. I was on the right path but I was not able to ge the complete answer. I became very upset. I then spoke with someone at my school who was able to get me in touch with someone that could help me solve this problem. Finally today I was able to work with them and they helped me see what I was missing and finish up the problem. And the problem passed the grade!!! I was so excited and in that moment I thought "tender mercy of the lord". I feel so blessed an I know that when I put in the work and effort that he will try and meet me hafl way. I have attached the problem for all of you to see. For some reason the triangle did not show up, but imagine a triangle between all of those points.

                              A
B                            D                         C

Given:

Prove: ABC is isosceles

An isosceles triangle is defined by a triangle with two congruent sides.


STATEMENTS
REASONS
Angle BAD is congruent to Angle CAD
Given
Line AD is perpendicular to line BC
Given
Line AD is congruent to line AD
Reflexive property
Angle BDA and Angle CDA are right angles
Definition of Perpendicular lines: two lines that intersect to form a right angles.
Angle ADB is congruent to Angle ADC
Right angle congruent theorem
Triangle BAD is congruent to Triangle CAD
ASA Theorem
AB is congruent to AC
CPCTC theorem
Triangle ABC is an isosceles
Definition of an Isosceles: A triangle with two congruent sides.






No comments:

Post a Comment